This model is based on the Atlas Extended Vision caboose, which is arguably the best mass-produced model of this type, and a fairly close match to the C&O example.
The model is super-detailed with a number of commercial and scratch-built details including:
The model is finished in Enchantment Blue with yellow stripes, handrails, roof aprons, and grab irons. The roof is silver with black underframe and end platforms.
- Plano Model Products etched-metal roofwalk (as appropriate), steps, and end platform
- Cupola roof grab irons
- Cupola windshield wipers (as appropriate)
- Detail West cushion coupler pockets
- Air hose and scratch-built wire "T" handle
- Scratch-built jeweled end marker lights
- Metal end-platform chains
- Scratch-built simulated window screens
- Thin window glazing
- Kadee #158 "Scale" couplers
The commercial decals are supplemented with custom- made stencils and red safety stripes.
The Atlas caboose features:
Separate brake cylinder
Open smoke stack
Triple valve and air reservoir
Roller-bearing caboose trucks with metal wheels